Contributing to mutability detector

Marc Gomez

Sep 25, 2013, 1:48:00 PM9/25/13
to mutabilit...@googlegroups.com
Hi Graham,

I would like to contribute to the Mutability Detector project. I have several years of Java development experience, but I have never contributed to any open source project yet. I found the stuff you write in the blog really inspiring and I decided this would be a great moment to start. After I have familiarised myself with the code, I would like to start working on https://github.com/MutabilityDetector/MutabilityDetector/issues/43. Ok for you?

Cheers,
 Marc

Graham Allan

Sep 25, 2013, 4:36:54 PM9/25/13
to mutabilit...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marc, welcome aboard!

Another contributor recently expressed interest and I suggested issue 43, but that's no problem, I think it can be split into separate parts easily.

On the GitHub issue description, there is a list of 3 main points that it breaks down into. One of which is performing an 'audit', of existing code locations pointed to in the output. Would you be able to start with that audit? I think it would be a good introduction to showing you how to use Mutability Detector. I have split it out into this separate issue:

How does that sound?

Thanks!
Graham A

P.S. if you're happy to do that, please let me know your GitHub username, so I can assign you to the issue.

Marc Gomez

Sep 26, 2013, 2:11:21 PM9/26/13
to mutabilit...@googlegroups.com
Sure! My GitHub username is marcgs.