interest in contributing

Daniel Wood

Sep 18, 2013, 8:57:34 AM9/18/13
to mutabilit...@googlegroups.com
Hi Graham, I'm all set up now to get started on the Mutability Detector project, but I just have a couple of newbie questions to ask before I can commit -

- Where is the list of features to be added?
- What JDK does this build against - OpenJDK, or Oracle? I see that your Java 8 compatabile so assuming the former, but would love confirmation.

thanks,
Daniel

Graham Allan

Sep 18, 2013, 9:41:23 AM9/18/13
to mutabilit...@googlegroups.com
Hey Daniel,

Welcome aboard!

The list of features is outlined in this blog post: http://mutability-detector.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/meet-project-opportunity-to-join-open.html (the list under 'New features')

I have also just added a custom label ('newcomer') to the issues on GitHub, see here: https://github.com/MutabilityDetector/MutabilityDetector/issues?labels=newcomer&page=1&state=open

We already have someone on the list looking at the Guava support issue, so feel free to put your name to either of the other two. Or you could chat with Martin (see other emails on the group for an email address) and see if he would be up for working together on Guava support.

It should build against both, as long as they're 1.6+ source level. The only JDK I've tried that didn't work (I haven't tried many) is the IBM JDK, because of two reasons IIRC, that they're implementation of SimpleImmutableEntry fails the check, and that a test in MD tests a com.sun class.

So should be all good. Let me know if you have problems with them.

Graham A

Daniel Wood

Sep 18, 2013, 1:01:07 PM9/18/13
to mutabilit...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I'll look at the testcase classpath scan for @Imutable. I'm assuming this task needs to be assigned to me as I'm not defined as a contributor in github yet. Is that right?

Graham Allan

Sep 19, 2013, 3:53:59 AM9/19/13
to mutabilit...@googlegroups.com

I'll leave a comment on the issue that you're looking at it.

I've assumed so far that contributors will have, or don't mind getting, a GitHub account. Are you happy to sign up when you get a chance?

~ Graham

Mani Sarkar