Re: Interested candidate to contribute in Mutability Detector.

Graham Allan

Sep 5, 2013, 3:58:00 AM9/5/13
to DeepakRana, mutabilit...@googlegroups.com

Hi Deepak,

Great news! Improving your development skills is an excellent reason to get involved. I hope I can help.

I think it's useful to set SMART* goals, so to get started I think we should create one. How about, by this time next week, you aim to have submitted your first pull request on GitHub?

This would involve:
- signing up to GitHub if you don't have an account
- forking the Mutability Detector repository
- cloning your fork to the machine you plan to develop on
- ensuring that you can build the project using Maven
- setting up your preferred development environment
- making a trivial code change: rename a variable; fix some whitespace, something like that
- commit to your repository
- log in to GitHub and issue a Pull Request

Now that I've written it down, it seems like a lot. How long it will take will more depend on how familiar you are with GitHub/git/Maven than Java. Of course, I'll be here on the mailing list to help with any questions you have.

How does that sound? Too much? Too little?

Cheers!
Graham

* http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMART_criteria

On 5 Sep 2013 00:16, "DeepakRana" <deepa...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
Dear Graham,

I'm Deepak and interested in joining your project. In past, I was working with Investment bank as Java developer.
I took career break for few months and currently looking for right opportunity.

I consider myself an average Java programer and currently looking for opportunity to improve my skills set score card. I'm hopeful this project would be a stepping stone in that direction.

I am keen to join your project and looking forward for your positive response.

Thanks and Regards
Deepak Rana

Mani Sarkar

Sep 5, 2013, 5:17:22 PM9/5/13
to mutabilit...@googlegroups.com, DeepakRana
Welcome onboard Deepak, you have come to the right place for your personal career endeavours!

Cheers,
mani