CONF: J. S. Bach Dialogue, Edinburgh, Aug 2011

AMS

May 4, 2011, 4:26:38 PM5/4/11
to ams-an...@list.bowdoin.edu
Registration for the Fifth J. S. Bach Dialogue meeting to be held in Edinburgh 12-14 August 2011 is now open. Details of the programme, accommodation and booking can be found on our website: www.bachnetwork.co.uk.

Sessions will include papers and public dialogue on themes concerning the future shape and vision for Bach studies. Speakers include Peter Wollny, Michael Maul, Wendy Heller, Ruth Tatlow, Yo Tomita, Paula Higgins, Isabella van Elferen, Szymon Paczkowski, Tanja Kovacevic, Manuel B�rwald and David Ledbetter.

The keynote speaker is Sir Nicholas Kenyon. The cultural programme 'Bach, Handel and frontiers of the Baroque' extends from 11-15 August and includes a panel discussion with Reinhard Strohm, Donald Burrows and John Butt, Barz' play 'Handling Bach', and a performance by the Dunedin Consort of 'Durchlauchtster Leopold' (BWV 173a). Guest speaker at the Dialogue Dinner will be Sir John Eliot Gardiner. To facilitate dialogue and debate we have decided to limit the meeting to 100 delegates. Please register early to avoid disappointment.