CFP (manuscripts): Musicologica Olomucensia, Eastern European Musical Culture – Past and Present

AMS Office

Jul 8, 2024, 12:07:41 PMJul 8

For our current issue of Musicologica Olomucensia journal we are looking for articles focusing on diverse aspects of Eastern European musical culture (defined by the territory of post-communist European states). We welcome historical probes into the musical culture of the region as well as interdisciplinary reflections on contemporary phenomena, with overlaps into music sociology, cultural studies, popular music studies, ethnomusicology, and topics such as music and politics, music and national identity, or music and gender. We welcome a comprehensive approach that compares the issues of individual states in the region and places them on the West-East axis. Likewise, we favour a wide range of issues related to Czech (Czechoslovak) musical culture.

Deadline: September 30, 2024
Contact: Please send your submissions to jan.bluml -at- upol.cz
https://musicologica.upol.cz/

For more information: https://musicologica.upol.cz/artkey/inf-990000-0600_Call-for-Papers.php