CFP (manuscripts): A-R Editions, Computer Music and Digital Audio Series (DAS)

AMS Office

Jul 22, 2024, 9:52:24 AM (18 hours ago) Jul 22

I would like to invite members of this listserv and their associates to send proposals for our Computer Music and Digital Audio Series (DAS). Feel free to share this message with other groups.

DAS books cover digital audio issues, composing with the computer, music processing, MIDI applications, synthesizer techniques, and other studies concerning computers and music. These include reference books and professional references, as well as college textbooks and monographs. For information on the series, please use this link: https://www.areditions.com/publications/computer-music-and-digital-audio.html

As technology continues to develop, this series will include books that explore new areas and their relationship with music. Above all, DAS has the potential to communicate important ideas about music and technology to a broad audience that already includes musicians, scientists, technicians, and students.

Proposal Guidelines
Please use the following guidelines to prepare a proposal for a DAS book.

1. Cover Letter and CV
Please identify yourself and your book in the cover letter and include your full name, mailing address, phone, fax, and e-mail address. Please include a separate curriculum vitae and list of publications, along with any other supporting information.

2. Book Proposal
Please include the following elements in the proposal:
• Working title
• Abstract
• Unique features that drive readers to your publication
• Outline and proposed table of contents (include estimated length)
• Planned completion date for the manuscript
• Target readership/market
• Competing publications (please list all similar books currently available and comment on them, if you like.)

Please contact James L. Zychowicz (James.Zychowicz -at- areditions.com) with any questions. I look forward to receiving your excellent proposals!