ANNOUNCEMENT: AFSACK Salon Series “Sound, Ritual, and Sensorium in Historic Architecture,” Virtual, 21 Oct 2021

AMS

Oct 13, 2021, 2:45:17 PM10/13/21
to ams-an...@listserv.unl.edu
Dear colleagues,

You are warmly invited to join the next AFSACK Salon Series talk on Thursday, October 21, from 12-1pm PDT.

“Sound, Ritual, and Sensorium in Historic Architecture”

In recent years sensory studies have emerged as a lens of inquiry across academic disciplines presenting exciting insights for historians and ethnographers. Join us for an interdisciplinary discussion at the intersection of sound studies, art history, and ethnomusicology. In this salon talk we will explore the works of our guest discussants Bissera Pentcheva and Peter McMurray, and will further explore how sensory studies can present new potentials in understanding the historical and contemporary.

Discussion Participants:

Speaker: Bissera Pentcheva (Professor of Medieval Art, Stanford University)
Speaker: Peter McMurray (Lecturer in Ethnomusicology, University of Cambridge)
Moderator: Payam Yousefi (Harvard University, Music Department)

The talk will be held live online via Zoom.

To join, please register here: https://www.afsack.org/events/sound-ritual-sensorium-in-historic-architecture

We hope to see you there!

Best,

Payam Yousefi