CFP (manuscripts): Journal of Film Music Special Issue, Studies of Music for Film Noir

AMS Office

Jul 22, 2024, 1:01:54 PM (14 hours ago) Jul 22

The music for film noir has received little musicological attention. The Journal seeks to establish a foundation for further study of this complex topic. For the most part, we are looking for articles on American film noir during its classic period (1940-1959). We will also entertain articles addressing film noir in other countries (Germany, France…), film noir’s relationship to other film genres (horror, musical…), and neo-noir.

Submissions: https://journal.equinoxpub.com/JFM/about/submissions

The Journal of Film Music is a forum for the musicological study of film from the standpoint of dramatic musical art. The analytical tools and methodologies of historical, systematic, cognitive, and ethnomusicology all are relevant and essential to this study, which seeks to both document and illuminate film practice through source studies, analysis, theory, and criticism.