CONF: GAMuT Graduate Student Conference, Univ. of North Texas, Denton, 4 Feb 2023

AMS

Aug 15, 2022, 4:15:22 PM8/15/22
to Ams-an...@listserv.unl.edu
UNT GAMuT Graduate Student Conference
Conference Date: February 4, 2023
University of North Texas (Denton, TX)
CFP Submission Deadline: October 15, 2022
Further information: https://mhte.music.unt.edu/gamut#conference

The Graduate Association of Musicologists und Theorists (GAMuT) at the University of North Texas is pleased to announce its 10th Annual GAMuT Graduate Student Conference to be held Saturday, February 4, 2023 on our campus in Denton, Texas. We are excited to welcome Professor Adriana Helbig (University of Pittsburgh) as this year’s keynote speaker. Dr. Helbig’s research specialties include hip hop in Ukraine and Romani music in post-soviet Ukraine. Her body of intersectional research is written from an activist background.

We invite graduate students to submit paper proposals on any topic related to the fields of musicology, music theory, or ethnomusicology. Interdisciplinary approaches are particularly encouraged. Papers will be twenty minutes in length followed by a ten-minute question and answer period. All papers accepted for presentation will be eligible for the conference paper award.

Proposals of no more than 500 words with up to 4 pages of examples should be submitted as a single PDF file to JacobCollins -at- my.unt.edu. In addition to the PDF proposal, please compose a cover letter in the body of the email that provides the title of the paper as well as the author's name, institutional affiliation, email address, and telephone number. Submissions will be reviewed anonymously, so please remove identifying information from the abstract itself.

The University of North Texas is located in Denton approximately twenty-five miles north of DFW International Airport. To learn more about our College of Music, visit http://music.unt.edu. For more information about the conference, including local arrangements, visit https://mhte.music.unt.edu/gamut#conference. This website will be updated with new information as it becomes available, including a full schedule and abstracts.

Please email all inquiries to conference co-chair Jacob Collins at JacobCollins -at- my.unt.edu.

All materials must be received on or before 15 October 2022, 5pm CST. Decisions will be returned by 1 November 2022.