a customisable tuning app?

Bob Stuckey

Sep 21, 2022, 5:48:42 AM9/21/22
to musicn...@googlegroups.com
Hi All

I wondered if anyone has come across an tuning app where we can put in our favourite note names?

I want to customise an app to come up with

   Va  Wu        Xe     Yu    Ze
Ut   Re   Mi  Fa   Sol    La  Tsi

preferably with the octave number in front   e.g 5F   6F  so as not to  be confused with the chord symbol F5 F8.

Do such exist?

If not can anyone out there design one?

Bob

Stephen Lafleur

Sep 21, 2022, 9:40:22 AM9/21/22
to The Music Notation Project | Forum
If you found an open-source tuning app it could probably be put in by anyone so interested.

Based on your solfége I guess you're an orderly sort of guy: have you ever taken issue with the mode names Ionian-Dorian-Phrygian-Lydian-Mixolydian-Aeolian-Locrian?

My naming system is: Dotic, Remic, Mimic, Fatic, Sotic, Lamic, Tigic. So anyone can remember it, because it's the classical solfége we all know, and so we can even remember the T's are major, the M's are minor, and Tigic has a diminished root!

Bob Stuckey

Sep 21, 2022, 8:18:33 PM9/21/22
to musicn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stephen

Thanks for your suggestion. The hunt for an open-source tuning app begins

Yes the mode names are cumbersome and I see the reasoning behind your labelling. One could also say Do-mode, Re-mode, Mi-mode...

Bob

Bob Stuckey

Nov 11, 2022, 7:11:43 PM11/11/22
to musicn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stephen

There is a very basic open scource tuner called Noteworthy Tuner..

Does anyone know how to substitute  the current note names C, C# etc with

   Va  Wu        Xe     Yu    Ze
Ut   Re   Mi  Fa   Sol    La  Tsi

?

Perhaps other MNP members would like  to have a version that use their preferred named for the chromatic scale?

Bob