Re: Conference Permissions Manager: International Workshop on Musical Metacreation (MUME)

Oliver Bown

Apr 29, 2020, 1:02:47 AM4/29/20
to GRO Griffith, cha...@musicalmetacreation.org, musicalme...@googlegroups.com, Philippe Pasquier, Arne Eigenfeldt, Bob Sturm
Dear Jenny,

no we have no objection to self-archiving. Our workshop’s papers are fully free and open access and as far as I know we’ve never claimed any copyright, which lies with the original authors.

I’m ccing the original chairs who should reply only if they have reason to disagree.

I’m also ccing the new chair, under a new organisational structure, who may have an update on this or a standard publication policy.

(also, it looks like we need to redirect this “chairs” email address!).

Best,

Ollie

Dr. Oliver Bown
Senior Lecturer, UNSW Art & Design,
Co-director, Interactive Media Lab,
UNSW PLuS Alliance Fellow,
Room AG12, Cnr Greens Rd and Oxford St,
Paddington, NSW, 2021, Australia (map)
+61 (0)2 8936 0524 | o.b...@unsw.edu.au

On 28 Apr 2020, at 8:57 am, GRO Griffith <g...@griffith.edu.au> wrote:

Dear Permissions Manager,

We have Griffith University authors who have presented their research work at the International Workshop on Musical Metacreation (MUME) and would like to "self-archive" a copy of the final version as published (Publisher's PDF) in our institutional ePrint repository, Griffith Research Online (GRO).

What we are seeking is an agreed approach with you for self-archiving.

Our repository records always include a full reference of the published article, a copyright statement, plus a link to the conference or publisher's web page. The GRO record promotes the article to other researchers in the same field and the link to the conference or publisher’s web page facilitates those serious researchers who will want to track down further information.

Do you have any objections to Griffith University academics self-archiving a copy of the final version as published (Publisher's PDF) in Griffith Research Online? Do you have a preferred or standard copyright statement for inclusion with the record in GRO?

I would appreciate your advice on this matter.

Kind regards,

GHI ref no:  393433

Jenny Jo
Griffith Research Online
Digital Library Services
Griffith University, Nathan QLD 4111
Email: g...@griffith.edu.au
Phone (+617) 3735 5399 (Jenny)
Phone (+617) 3735 4128 (Roslyn)
Phone (+617) 3735 7953 (Susan)
https://research-repository.griffith.edu.au/

<Outlook-taqdsqmo.jpg>
Griffith University - CRICOS Provider Number 00233E

PRIVILEGED – PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) and may contain information which is confidential or privileged. If you receive this email and you are not the addressee(s) or responsible for delivery of the email to the addressee(s), please disregard the contents of the email, delete the email and notify the author immediately.