Postdoc and RA position in text-to-music project

dorien.h...@gmail.com

Nov 15, 2023, 1:44:25 AM11/15/23
to AI Music Creativity

[apologies for cross-posting]

Dear AIMC community,

I am excited to announce that we have two positions open at the AMAAI Lab in Singapore: a postdoc and research assistant position in generative AI for music models. They will be building on our recent work of the Mustango model (https://github.com/AMAAI-Lab/mustango) and video2music (https://github.com/AMAAI-Lab/Video2Music).

Details about the positions below.

Best,
Prof. Dorien Herremans

About us: The Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) is a leading research-intensive university, dedicated to shaping future leaders in technology and design. The Audio, Music, and AI (AMAAI) lab at SUTD is led by Prof. Dorien Herremans. We have recently released the Mustango text-to-music model, and are looking for a top-postdoc to join the project team. (More info https://github.com/AMAAI-Lab/mustango as well as the team website https://dorienherremans.com )

We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Postdoctoral Researcher and Research Assistant to join our dynamic team and contribute to cutting-edge research in the field of text-to-music models.

Job Title: Postdoctoral Researcher in Text-to-Music Models
Location: Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
Position Type: Full-Time Postdoctoral Researcher
Application Deadline: asap

Responsibilities:

  • Conduct advanced research in the development and enhancement of text-to-music models.

  • Large scale music feature extraction.

  • Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to integrate the latest diffusion and Large Language Model (LLM) technologies into the project.

  • Leverage expertise in AI to advance the capabilities of text-to-music models.

  • Explore innovative applications of music technology within the context of the project.

  • Publish research findings in top-tier conferences and journals.

  • Mentor and collaborate with graduate students on related projects.

Qualifications:

  • Ph.D. in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Music Technology, or a related field.

  • Strong background in AI, including experience with the latest diffusion, music generation, and LLM technologies.

  • In-depth knowledge of music technology.

  • Proven track record of research excellence as demonstrated by publications in reputable conferences and journals.

  • Excellent programming skills and proficiency in programming languages (e.g., PyTorch).

  • Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team.

Preferred Qualifications:

  • Prior experience with the development of text-to-music models, or generative audio or music models.

  • Familiarity with music theory, and MIR.

  • Experience in mentoring and collaborating with graduate students.

How to Apply:

Interested candidates should email me (Dorien Herremans) with subject [Postdoc] indicating why they are applying as well as include their CV.

Job Title: Research Assistant in Text-to-Music Models
Location: Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
Position Type: Full-Time Postdoctoral Researcher
Application Deadline: asap

Responsibilities:

  • Large scale music feature extraction

  • Conduct advanced research in the development and enhancement of text-to-music models.

  • Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to integrate the latest diffusion and Large Language Model (LLM) technologies into the project.

  • Leverage expertise in AI to advance the capabilities of text-to-music models.

  • Explore innovative applications of music technology within the context of the project.

  • Publish research findings in top-tier conferences and journals.

  • Collaborate with graduate students on related projects.

Qualifications:

  • Bachelor or MSc in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Music Technology, or a related field.

  • Strong background in AI, including experience with the latest diffusion, music generation, and LLM technologies.

  • In-depth knowledge of music technology.

  • Proven track record of research excellence as demonstrated by publications in reputable conferences and journals.

  • Excellent programming skills and proficiency in programming languages (e.g., PyTorch).

  • Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team.

Preferred Qualifications:

  • Prior experience with the development of text-to-music models, or generative audio or music models.

  • Familiarity with music theory, and MIR.

  • Experience in mentoring and collaborating with graduate students.

How to Apply:

Interested candidates should email me (Dorien Herremans) with subject [RA] indicating why they are applying as well as include their CV.

Other candidates:

From time to time, we have PhD openings in the AMAAI lab. Contact me if you are interested with subject [PhD].