Postdoctoral Research Fellow position available
The YST Conservatory of Music at the National University of Singapore (NUS), a world-class, top-ranked university, is seeking a full-time Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Musical Brain Computer Interface (BCI) technology. Job description
The Research Fellow (RF) will engage in research and development of a music-based Brain Computer Interface (BCI) system for emotion regulation in listeners. She/he will work in a multi-disciplinary team with both technical and clinical scientists to help develop 1) machine learning algorithms, 2) an automatic music generation system for affective music generation, and 3) a Brain-Computer Interface system for emotion mediation to be tested in healthy as well as neurological and mental health patients. The RF will help design and manage user tests and clinical trials, help coordinate research activities and supervise research staff/students in the team, and perform data analyses. The RF will need to be capable of working both independently and in a team, of developing innovative solutions, and of publishing research findings in high-impact conferences and journals. This position is part of a large-scale, 4-year project that aims to create a holistic BCI solution for the restoration and enhancement of brain functions.
Successful candidates will need:
• Ph.D. in Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related disciplines
• Experience in Brain-Computer Interface and machine learning is required
• Strong analytical and programming skills
• Knowledge of music
• Strong publication track record
• Strong ability to work independently and in teams
• Experience with algorithmic music or automatic music generation a plus
• Computational neuroscience and neuroimaging experience a plus
• Position available immediately
• 3-year contract extendable for 1 year
• Competitive salary and benefits
• The candidate must be based in, or be able to relocate to, Singapore
For best consideration, applications should be received by 1 December 2020.
For enquiries and further details about the responsibilities of the position, please contact Asst. Prof. Kat Agres at kata...@nus.edu.sg
Kat Agres, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, National University of Singapore (NUS)
Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music
3 Conservatory Drive, Singapore 117376 | Tel: (65) 6601 2956