virtual seminars

Oded Ben-Tal

Jan 24, 2022, 1:35:52 PMJan 24
to musicalme...@googlegroups.com
Next Monday we will be launching an online, virtual seminar series as part of the AHRC funded research network Datasounds, datasets and datasense. The first seminar will be a conversation between Renee TImmers and Elaine Chew on the topic of performance (and data). If you want to join us online please email me at: o.be...@kingston.ac.uk

date: Monday 31/1
Time: 4pm (UK)
Place: online (I will send the link)

Renee Timmers’ current research projects investigate ensemble performance, in particular what visual and auditory nonverbal cues musicians use to coordinate and communicate with each other during performance.

Elaine Chew’s research centers on the mathematical and computational modeling of musical structures, with present focus on structures as they are communicated in performance and in ECG traces of cardiac arrhythmias.