NIME 2024 Workshop - Call for participants : First-person and second-person perspectives for ML

Théo JOURDAN

Jun 18, 2024, 5:03:32 PM (11 days ago) Jun 18
to musicalme...@googlegroups.com

Dear community,

[sorry for cross-posting]

We call for participation in the NIME'24 (4th-6th September 2024) Workshop on First-person and second-person perspectives for ML.

Website for more information: https://pelinski.github.io/first-and-second-person-perspectives-ml-nime/

Overview:

This workshop aims to consolidate ongoing critical discussions on machine learning and artificial intelligence practices for musical expression. In particular, rather than focusing on technical or theoretical discussions, we foreground first- and second- person methods to articulate insights and experiences that are otherwise often overlooked on the prevailing discourses surrounding such practices.

Call for contributions:

Interested participants are asked to submit an abstract, work-in-progress, pictorial of a half to one page length or a 30 s to 1 min essay or demo video.

We invite participants from any background, be it more creative or technical. No previous knowledge of 1st and 2nd person methodologies is required to take part in the workshop, only your personal interest is sufficient and the desire to share your experience in the development and/or use of ML and AI techniques.

Organising Committee:

Théo Jourdan (ISIR, Sorbonne University, Paris)

Teresa Pelinski (Centre for Digital Music, Queen Mary University of London)

Hugo Scurto (Independent artist-researcher)

Kristina Höök (Media Technology and Interaction Design, KTH, RI.SE, Stockholm)

Please contact Théo Jourdan (jourda...@protonmail.com) and Teresa Pelinski (t.pelin...@qmul.ac.uk) with any enquiries.

Submission deadline: July 19th 2024

Workshop registration link: https://pelinski.github.io/first-and-second-person-perspectives-ml-nime/pages/2-open-call.html

Submission of statements to the workshop does not automatically register you for the conference / workshop. Please follow registration information on the NIME conference website (https://www.nime2024.org).

We hope to see you there,

Théo, Teresa, Hugo, Kristina