Script share: voiceCipher

Matías Nehuen Malpartida

Mar 20, 2023, 3:38:14 PM3/20/23
to music21
Hi, i'm learning to program in python and using musc21 library; I also work as a teacher at the Conservatory of Music in Buenos Aires, in the counterpoint class. I've made a script that i want to share, its called voiceCipher and its very handy for some counterpoint analysis and teaching.

Basically it ciphers all harmonic intervals and motions between each pair of voices in the score, like this:bwv666-example.png
Here is the link to the code and more info voiceCipher; there are still some problems with it and a TODO list that i would like to implement. I would aprecciate any suggestions and comments from the community and also be glad to know if anyone find this tool helpfull.
Best,
Matias

Michael Scott Cuthbert

Mar 20, 2023, 3:52:32 PM3/20/23
to music21list
Very cool!  I love when people share what they’re doing with the list (and where they’re doing it) — it really helps when I need to seek more funding or time for the project.   - Best, Myke

On Mar 20, 2023, at 15:38, Matías Nehuen Malpartida <mati...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, i'm learning to program in python and using musc21 library; I also work as a teacher at the Conservatory of Music in Buenos Aires, in the counterpoint class. I've made a script that i want to share, its called voiceCipher and its very handy for some counterpoint analysis and teaching.

Basically it ciphers all harmonic intervals and motions between each pair of voices in the score, like this:<bwv666-example.png>
Here is the link to the code and more info voiceCipher; there are still some problems with it and a TODO list that i would like to implement. I would aprecciate any suggestions and comments from the community and also be glad to know if anyone find this tool helpfull.
Best,
Matias

To Post: email music...@googlegroups.com
<bwv666-example.png>