Seeking Help with Creating a Practice Tool for Oud

أسماء

Jun 20, 2024, 2:01:15 PM (13 days ago) Jun 20
to music21
Hi 😎 Music21 Group,

I hope you're doing well. I'm currently developing a tool to enhance my Oud practice sessions, and I could use your expertise.

Here’s what I aim to create:

1. Colorful Sheet Music Display: An app that shows sheet music using Newton's Color Circle. This visual approach will help me quickly recognize and remember note names as I play.

2. Customizable Visual Metronome: I need a visual metronome that I can adjust to different speeds, not just fixed at 60 BPM. This flexibility will allow me to practice various rhythms without distraction.

3. Real-Time Correction and Feedback: The app should provide instant feedback to help me correct mistakes as I play. This feature is crucial for improving my accuracy and technique.

Since I'm not an experienced programmer, I would greatly appreciate your guidance on how to implement these functionalities effectively.

P.S.: If you have your instrument nearby, try playing this Bayat Scale snippet:

```python
Bayat_Scale = stream.Stream()
Bayat_Scale.append(meter.TimeSignature('4/2'))

Bayat_Scale.append(note.Note('D4'))
Bayat_Scale.append(note.Note('E4b'))
Bayat_Scale.append(note.Note('F4'))
Bayat_Scale.append(note.Note('G4'))
Bayat_Scale.append(note.Note('A4'))
Bayat_Scale.append(note.Note('B4'))
Bayat_Scale.append(note.Note('C5'))
Bayat_Scale.append(note.Note('D5'))

Bayat_Scale.show()
```

I look forward to your insights and assistance in bringing this project to life.

Best regards,
Asmaa

Asmaa Alrefae

Jun 20, 2024, 2:44:50 PM (13 days ago) Jun 20
to music21
It supposed to be something similar to https://tomplay.com , but I’m not sure how to start.