Where can I find the OWL for the music Ontology

William Kinaan

Jan 25, 2016, 5:35:51 AM1/25/16
to Music Ontology Specification Group
Hello,

I want to use the Music Ontology in my research, and I would like to ask you about where can I find the OWL definition of it.

I searched on Github, but I didn't find anything.

Regards,

Frederick Giasson

Jan 25, 2016, 8:02:35 AM1/25/16
to music-ontology-sp...@googlegroups.com
Hi William,

Here it is: https://github.com/motools/musicontology/tree/master/rdf

Thanks,

Fred

William Kinaan

Mar 4, 2016, 7:18:35 AM3/4/16
to Music Ontology Specification Group
Thanks, that contains the Ontology, I would like to have also the data (in other words, individuals) so I can try my SPARQL on them.

Could you help please ?

Many thanks
Best regards

On Monday, January 25, 2016 at 1:02:35 PM UTC, Frederick Giasson wrote:
Hi William,

Here it is: https://github.com/motools/musicontology/tree/master/rdf

Thanks,

Fred

Hello,

I want to use the Music Ontology in my research, and I would like to ask you about where can I find the OWL definition of it.

I searched on Github, but I didn't find anything.

Regards,

Yves Raimond

William Kinaan

Mar 16, 2016, 12:31:48 PM3/16/16
to Music Ontology Specification Group
I need to have some instances (data) locally, because I'm integrating the music ontology with another ontology so I need instances to complete the work.

I wish I can find an answer :)

On Wednesday, March 16, 2016 at 4:29:04 PM UTC, yves.r...@gmail.com wrote:
[...]

Yves Raimond

Mar 16, 2016, 12:34:33 PM3/16/16
to music-ontology-sp...@googlegroups.com
Hi William,

You might need to be more specific than that. Integrating two ontologies together shouldn't require access to something like LinkedBrainz locally, unless I am missing something. If you need an example data file to help your thinking, try for example http://raimond.me.uk/resources/jamendo-rdf.tar.gz - although keep in mind it's terribly out of date.

Thanks,
Yves

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 9:31 AM, William Kinaan <w.ki...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

William Kinaan

Mar 16, 2016, 12:38:30 PM3/16/16
to Music Ontology Specification Group
Thanks for answering,

I do know that integrating two ontologies doesn't need a lot of instances, However, my purpose is to integrate the music ontology with a "Recommender" ontology so I can recommend music to users. so indeed I need instances (music, songs, symphonies) to recommend.

Let me check the file you've mentioned and I'll come back to you

Best regards,
Best regards
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to music-ontology-specification-group+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

William Kinaan

Mar 16, 2016, 12:46:09 PM3/16/16
to Music Ontology Specification Group
Kindly may I ask for the owl schema for that RDF dump data?

I do know that I may have it, but I just need to be sure, because honestly it's been a headache to find any music Ontology and data

Appreciate it

On Wednesday, March 16, 2016 at 4:34:33 PM UTC, yves.r...@gmail.com wrote:
Best regards
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to music-ontology-specification-group+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Yves Raimond

Mar 16, 2016, 12:50:00 PM3/16/16
to music-ontology-sp...@googlegroups.com
It's the file Frederick sent you in this thread. Also keep in mind you can always dereference any of these http identifiers appearing in these RDF files, including ontology terms. So if you're looking for the definition of a term, just do an HTTP GET for it.

Thanks,

Best regards
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to music-ontology-specific...@googlegroups.com.

William Kinaan

Mar 16, 2016, 1:00:43 PM3/16/16
to Music Ontology Specification Group
What I am trying is:

copying the data from the file named "musicontology.rdfs", which Frederick has mentioned, to a file called "music.owl" , and then ask Protege to open that file. Protege freezes. It is like the file is not 100% correct. Kindly did I do something wrong? I've been doing this with so so many ontologies that is why I'd like to ask you if you've tried to open that file with protege

Many thanks
Best regards
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to music-ontology-specification-group+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Yves Raimond

Mar 16, 2016, 1:05:13 PM3/16/16
to music-ontology-sp...@googlegroups.com
That sounds like a Protege problem. Best to report it to them. MO is valid RDF/RDFS/OWL2.

Thanks,

Best regards
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to music-ontology-specific...@googlegroups.com.

William Kinaan

Mar 16, 2016, 1:08:53 PM3/16/16
to Music Ontology Specification Group
Kindly I have this mo.owl (but I am not sure if it is for the same data you've sent, could you check please? (because this version is working with my protege)

Best regards
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to music-ontology-specification-group+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

mo.owl

Bo Ferri

Mar 16, 2016, 3:51:29 PM3/16/16

On 3/16/2016 6:05 PM, Yves Raimond wrote:
> That sounds like a Protege problem.

problem (as remarked by Yves). I would recommend to utilise another
ontology modelling tool, e.g., TopBraid Composer [1] (which is also
available in a free edition (with a restricted feature set)).
Albeit, probably a bit out of date* at [2] you can find a LinkedBrainz
RDF dump.

Cheers,

Bo

*) maybe Barry Norton can provide a link to a more recent one

[1] http://www.topquadrant.com/downloads/topbraid-composer-install/
[2] http://linkedbrainz.c4dmpresents.org/content/rdf-dump

Jun Ge

Mar 27, 2017, 9:34:57 PM3/27/17
to Music Ontology Specification Group
Hi William,

I have the same problem about how to view the instance data of BBC ontology. Do you know how to solve this problem? Could you give me some guidance please? I searched a lot but did not get what I want yet.

I would like to use the vocabulary to do query expansion.

Looking forward to your reply. Thanks.
Message has been deleted