Navigating specification HTML

Richard Lewis

Jun 20, 2014, 12:29:16 PM6/20/14
to music-ontology-sp...@googlegroups.com
Dear MO group,

The new(ish) specifications look very nice. But one thing I find a little difficult is actually navigating around the HTML document <http://musicontology.com/specification/>. When I follow one of the links in the table of contents to view information about a class or property, there's a JavaScript effect that scrolls the document to the <section>. However, this doesn't actually change the current window.location. Consequently, if I want to navigate back to the table of contents I can't use my browser's back function. And this is true of *all* the internal links, not just the table of contents links. So if I've followed a link to a property from a class, I can't use the back function to go back to the class. I wonder if the JavaScript scrolling thing can be modified to result in a new history point (i.e. a URL visit)? I notice that the <a> links do point to the <section>'s by id, so I think it might just be a case of altering the onClick handler defined from lines 144-157 of mo.js to modify the window.location property.

Richard

Yves Raimond

Jun 20, 2014, 12:30:53 PM6/20/14
On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 5:29 PM, Richard Lewis <richar...@gold.ac.uk> wrote:
[...]

Ah very good point Richard - I literally just noticed that today too! Can you raise a ticket on Github? I'll try to fix it asap

Best

Richard

Richard Lewis

Yves Raimond