Re: Ontology of Linkedbrainz

Message has been deleted

Barry Norton

Oct 9, 2014, 10:09:15 AM10/9/14
to music-ontology-sp...@googlegroups.com
Well, you asked on the right list - it uses the Music Ontology!

You probably saw the examples:
http://linkedbrainz.org/examples.html

If you've a question about specific data, ask away.

Cheers,

Barry

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 3:03 PM, pazahr <paz...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi everybody,

I am a PhD researcher. I am developing an application to retrieve data from last.fm in conjunction with musicbrainz semantically using mbid parameter.
I need to know the structure of the ontology used in Linkedbrainz to design SPARQL queries based on the ontology structure.
It would be appreciable if you can help me to know that ontology and other required elements.

Thanks
Regards
Ali

pazahr

Oct 9, 2014, 10:20:17 AM10/9/14
to music-ontology-sp...@googlegroups.com
Dear Barry,

Thanks for the reply,
Yes! I saw this link. Similar to this link, I need to know how the designer has designed the example queries likewise. It needs to know the ontology structure and elements.
Can you please tell me, if you know?
As the methodology part of my research (my framework), I want to implement a music recommendation system for the last.fm & musicbrainz users.

Cheers,
Ali

On Thursday, October 9, 2014 5:39:15 PM UTC+3:30, Barry Norton wrote:
Well, you asked on the right list - it uses the Music Ontology!

You probably saw the examples:
http://linkedbrainz.org/examples.html

If you've a question about specific data, ask away.

Cheers,

Barry
On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 3:03 PM, pazahr <paz...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi everybody,

I am a PhD researcher. I am developing an application to retrieve data from last.fm in conjunction with musicbrainz semantically using mbid parameter.
I need to know the structure of the ontology used in Linkedbrainz to design SPARQL queries based on the ontology structure.
It would be appreciable if you can help me to know that ontology and other required elements.

Thanks
Regards
Ali

.

Barry Norton

Oct 9, 2014, 10:25:09 AM10/9/14
to music-ontology-sp...@googlegroups.com
I wrote them using a combination of the Music Ontology examples and the R2RML mappings, which are available here:

Barry