Constraints

Avinasshini Seran

Nov 15, 2021, 1:45:37 PM11/15/21
to MUSE
Hi all,

We have finalised our agent characteristics for each scenario, and are currently working to determine exact max growth/addition/total capacity constraints for each scenario. We have been running the model using a wide range of values for the constraints (with a clear active constraint chosen among the three types: max capacity growth/addition/total).

1. For most of these values, the results favour approximately 2-3 technologies and completely exclude the others (ie. capacity=0). We feel that this is unrealistic, especially for the Business-as-Usual scenario that we are trying to finalise.

As a potential solution: would it be possible to modify the model for specifying minimum growth/addition/capacity constraints instead?

2. Furthermore, at least as per our observations, the model seems to randomly override constraints. Even for small changes in constraint values, the model drastically changes favourability of technologies.

Would it be possible to discuss exactly how constraints become active and reasons for constraints being overridden, despite demand being met by supply?

Many thanks,
Avi and Mia