Regarding Tunings

Jason Thomas

Nov 13, 2011, 1:23:03 PM11/13/11
to Mus2
Hi, is there a guide or instructions on creating new tunings within
mus2? I tried creating 19-tet and can't seem to get it to work using
ratios or cents. Is this possible to do?

Regards,
Jason

Utku Uzmen

Nov 13, 2011, 1:58:40 PM11/13/11
to mus...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
The Mus2 User's Guide has a section titled "Tuning" that explains the basics. You can open the guide by pressing F1 in Mus2.

How you set up the scale depends on the number of natural pitches you want to include in the scale. For pitches that you want to represent using accidentals, you will need to define the necessary symbols in the Symbols dialog. (Explained in the "Symbols" section of the guide)

If you provide more details on the scale, I can try to create an example score.

Utku Uzmen

Ozan Yarman

Nov 13, 2011, 2:10:45 PM11/13/11
to mus...@googlegroups.com
Jason, try to unzip and copy the attached .nac files under the Accidentals folder of Mus2 folder, and the .ntu file under the Scales and Maqams folder of the same.

Launch Mus2, and use the accidentals in a blank score, not forgetting to change the key to 19ET C Major - A Minor. Save your score and then select File>Clean Up. This will remove accidentals and tonalities not used in your score.

If you want other tonalities with sharps and flats in 19-equal, you have to create them by hand inside the "Tuning" window accessible from the Mus2 menu.

For other tunings, you need to read the manual.

Dr. Oz.

✩ ✩ ✩
www.ozanyarman.com

On Nov 13, 2011, at 8:23 PM, Jason Thomas wrote:

> --

19equalMus2symbols.zip