A new recording of my Sonata

Ozan Yarman

Dec 3, 2010, 10:16:23 PM12/3/10
to MakeMic...@yahoogroups.com, justint...@yahoogroups.com, mus...@googlegroups.com, micro...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I have completed a new digital mastering of my Sonata for two kemenches and a pianoforte. This I have presented two days ago at the first International Kemenche Symposium to a Turkish audience with foreign visitors from abroad, receiving much acclaim.

You can hear it in this link, and also download the scores:

www.ozanyarman.com/musics.html

As the explanation suggests, I have cranked and tweaked the Ethno2 pack to its acoustical limits in trying to produce very realistic kemenche timbres. I think I succeeded very well at that, given this was all done in the matter of a single week or so.

Note, that the Kemenche parts were micro-tuned (as explained in the dedicated score) using
MIDI output of Mus2, an excellent score editor from Data-Soft, Turkiye.

You can also compare this recording (v.2010) with the one I made several years ago (v.2003) utilizing Yamaha SW1000XG tone module soundtable and pitch cent offsets also available in the above link.

Comments welcome!

Dr. Oz.

--

✩ ✩ ✩