GLide64 crashes UI console

Liam “Stickmeet”

Oct 17, 2023, 9:14:07 PM10/17/23
to mupen64plus
OS: Win10x64
Launching with GLide64 using m64py works fine, and all other plugins seem to work fine when launched with the UI console, except for GLide64. When launched, the window apprears but is unresponsive.
Output looks like this:
UI-Console: attached to core library 'Mupen64Plus Core' version 2.5.9
UI-Console:             Includes support for Dynamic Recompiler.
Core: Using full mem base
Core: Goodname: F-Zero X Expansion Kit (U) [CART HACK]
Core: Name:
Core: MD5: 793F68B0A8F405D471E4D4F1BAAAC549
Core: CRC: C6E39C0A D2726676
Core: Imagetype: .z64 (native)
Core: Rom size: 66551504 bytes (or 63 Mb or 504 Megabits)
Core: Version: 2B9142F
Core: Manufacturer: 261343
Core: Country: USA
UI-Console Status: Cheat codes disabled.
UI-Console: using Video plugin: 'GLideN64' v2.0.0
UI-Console: using Audio plugin: 'Mupen64Plus SDL Audio Plugin' v2.5.9
Input: Using auto-config file at: 'C:\Users\liamg\games\m64py-0.2.5\InputAutoCfg.ini'
UI-Console: using Input plugin: 'Mupen64Plus SDL Input Plugin' v2.5.9
UI-Console: using RSP plugin: 'Hacktarux/Azimer High-Level Emulation RSP Plugin' v2.5.9
Core: input plugin did not specify a render callback; there will be no on screen display by the input plugin.
Input: 0 SDL joysticks were found.
Input: N64 Controller #1: Forcing default keyboard configuration
Input: Using auto-config file at: 'C:\Users\liamg\games\m64py-0.2.5\InputAutoCfg.ini'
Input: 1 controller(s) found, 1 plugged in and usable in the emulator
Input Warning: Couldn't open rumble support for joystick #1
Input Warning: Couldn't open rumble support for joystick #2
Input Warning: Couldn't open rumble support for joystick #3
Input Warning: Couldn't open rumble support for joystick #4
Input: Mupen64Plus SDL Input Plugin version 2.5.9 initialized.
RSP: RSP Fallback disabled !
Core: Using video capture backend: dummy
Core: Game controller 0 (Standard controller) has a Memory pak plugged in
Core: Game controller 1 (Standard controller) has a Memory pak plugged in
Core: Game controller 2 (Standard controller) has a Memory pak plugged in
Core: Game controller 3 (Standard controller) has a Memory pak plugged in
Core: Using CIC type 5167
Core: Setting video mode: 320x240
Seems to get stuck after this.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Narann

Oct 18, 2023, 4:36:39 AM10/18/23
to mupen64plus
Hello,

I see it’s GLideN64. Maybe its related to dynamic recompiler.

Can you try with R4300Emulator=0 (or 1). If you still have the problem, maybe report it to GlideN64 directly : https://github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues

I see you use FZero-X Expansion kit. I have no idea how well it has been tested on GlideN64.

Hope this helps,

Narann

Liam “Stickmeet”

Oct 22, 2023, 10:07:37 PM10/22/23
to mupen64plus
Hello, thank you for your reply.
I tried your suggestion (among other thing) to no avail. I reported this issue on the GLideN64 github, and I will update this thread if I get a response.
Here is what I wrote:

OS: Win10 (x64)
GLideN64 seems to work when launching using m64py, but when I try to launch using the mupen64plus UI console, a blank window opens but is unresponsive. All of the other video plugins included with m64py seem to work fine when launching with the UI console except for GLideN64.

Here are some of the things I've tried:
*all R4300 modes
*all --emumode launch options (in the mupen64plus UI console)
*disabled OSD (for mupen and GLideN64)
*disabled per-game settings
*all combinations of RSP, input, and audio plugins included in m64py (GLideN64 works with nearly any combination of plugins when launched from m64py)
*disabled FB emulation
*compatibility modes (WinXP,Win7,etc.)

This is typically what the output looks like:
Mupen64Plus Console User-Interface Version 2.5.9

UI-Console: attached to core library 'Mupen64Plus Core' version 2.5.9 UI-Console: Includes support for Dynamic Recompiler. Core: Using full mem base Core: Goodname: F-ZERO X (U) [!] Core: Name: F-ZERO X Core: MD5: 753437D0D8ADA1D12F3F9CF0F0A5171F Core: CRC: B30ED978 3003C9F9 Core: Imagetype: .v64 (byteswapped) Core: Rom size: 16777216 bytes (or 16 Mb or 128 Megabits) Core: Version: 1449 Core: Manufacturer: 43 Core: Country: USA UI-Console Status: Cheat codes disabled. UI-Console: using Video plugin: 'GLideN64' v2.0.0 UI-Console: using Audio plugin: 'Mupen64Plus SDL Audio Plugin' v2.5.9 Input: Using auto-config file at: 'C:\Users\liamg\games\$\emulators\n64\m64py-0.2.5\InputAutoCfg.ini' UI-Console: using Input plugin: 'Mupen64Plus SDL Input Plugin' v2.5.9 UI-Console: using RSP plugin: 'Hacktarux/Azimer High-Level Emulation RSP Plugin' v2.5.9 Core: input plugin did not specify a render callback; there will be no on screen display by the input plugin. Input: 0 SDL joysticks were found. Input: N64 Controller #1: Forcing default keyboard configuration Input: Using auto-config file at: 'C:\Users\liamg\games\$\emulators\n64\m64py-0.2.5\InputAutoCfg.ini' Input: 1 controller(s) found, 1 plugged in and usable in the emulator Input Warning: Couldn't open rumble support for joystick #1 Input Warning: Couldn't open rumble support for joystick #2 Input Warning: Couldn't open rumble support for joystick #3 Input Warning: Couldn't open rumble support for joystick #4 Input: Mupen64Plus SDL Input Plugin version 2.5.9 initialized. RSP: RSP Fallback disabled ! Core: Using video capture backend: dummy Core: Game controller 0 (Standard controller) has a Memory pak plugged in Core: Game controller 1 (Standard controller) has a Memory pak plugged in Core: Game controller 2 (Standard controller) has a Memory pak plugged in Core: Game controller 3 (Standard controller) has a Memory pak plugged in Core: Using CIC type X106 Core: Setting video mode: 800x600
Surely I'm doing something wrong, but I just really don't want to have to rely on a frontend to use GLideN64. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again for the help :)