do you need help compiling?

Emerson Rosales

Jan 15, 2024, 10:28:39 AMJan 15
to mupen...@googlegroups.com

I was trying to use Mupen64 but I see there is no launcher so my question is. Do I need to program or compile the launcher or how should I do it?

Richard Goedeken

Jan 15, 2024, 11:14:46 AMJan 15
to mupen...@googlegroups.com
It depends on your platform and how you want to run the emulator. The
official Mupen64Plus front-end application is command-line only, so you run it
with option from your terminal window. If you're okay with that, you can read
through this quickstart guide here on emutalk:

https://www.emutalk.net/threads/mupen64plus-v2-5-9-beta-release.57227/

If you would rather use a GUI front-end application, you can use one of the
excellent third party options available, such as M64Py or Simple64:

https://m64py.sourceforge.net/
https://simple64.github.io/

Hope this helps.