Porting mupen64plus to VisionFive 2 RISC-V Single Board Computer

Allen Xue

Jun 1, 2023, 9:51:06 PM6/1/23
to mupen...@googlegroups.com

Hi Mupen64plus Maintainers,

I am writing on behalf of StarFive. We are the pioneer in RISC-V development boards. We are now working on porting Mupen64plus to the RISC-V platform, but none of our engineers is familiar with the emulator coding work.

We want to know if anyone on your team is interested in getting Mupen64plus work for RISC-V.

We can provide the board, technical support, and software engineers to work remotely with you.

For more information, see https://www.starfivetech.com/en/site/boards.

Hope to hear back from you soon!

Best Regards,

Allen Xue

Richard Goedeken

Jun 7, 2023, 1:49:00 AM6/7/23
to mupen...@googlegroups.com, Allen Xue
Hello Allen,

This sounds like a very interesting project. I would be willing to work with
your team to get Mupen64Plus building and running under your RISC-V SBC platform.

I think there are 2 main pre-requisites for this work:

1. Linux build toolchain support, including gcc, ld, and gdb.
2. OpenGL driver support.

Are both of these available? If so, reach out to me and I will work with your
team to make this happen.

Richard