64 emulator

Jason Pederson

May 21, 2023, 3:35:32 AM5/21/23
to mupen...@googlegroups.com
Can you explain to me how your emulator works?  I tried to run it and it doesnt run smoothly.  I was running 0.5 at the time as  thats the only one that i can get to run.  I got it to except input of my controller sort of. When I clicked on input it already had everything input ready to go.   But when I ran the game only the start button and the A and B button on my 64 controller would work.  When I went back into setting and did a reset to start the input from scratch your emulator could not detect my 64 controller.  I dont know why.

When i downloaded and tried to install the 2.5.9 version there was no .exe file to install in like on the 0.5 version so i dont know how to install and run it.  Could you explain it too me, maybe the 2.5.9 version will have the bug worked out that i experienced above.  -thanks.

Richard Goedeken

Jun 11, 2023, 3:15:15 PM6/11/23
to mupen...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jason,

Sorry it took so long to respond. The 0.5 release of Mupen64 is over 15 years
old and that was done before we took over the code base and created
Mupen64Plus. A lot has changed since then. The front-end application that we
bundled with the 2.5.9 release is command-line only; there is no GUI. If
you're not comfortable working in a terminal, there are other GUI front-end
programs maintain by other developers which use our emulator core, such at
M64Py or Rosalie's Mupen GUI.

Richard