Please someone help me - Cannot access admin

Martin West

Jan 15, 2019, 10:02:15 AM1/15/19
to munkireport
I have installed the MunkiReport application on Apache and PHP with Mysql
I have managed to get AD to work, and it allows me to log in with my AD password.

I am trying to access the items in the Admin menu ( Show system Status, and Database)

When I click the link - it simply returns "You need to be admin"

As far as I can tell - I am in the AD admin group using https://machine-name/index.php?/auth/set_session_props/1

auth"ldap"
role"admin"
role_why"member of @Munki_Report_Admins"

but even with tweaks to the .env file - I am struggling here to understand its refusal to play ball.

#AUTHORIZATION_DELETE_MACHINE="user1,user2"
AUTHORIZATION_GLOBAL="Munki_Report_Admins"

# ROLES
# -----
# Add users or groups to the appropriate roles array.
#
ROLES_ADMIN="joebloggs, @Munki_Report_Admins"

# LOCAL GROUPS
# ------------
# Create local groups, add users to groups.
#
#GROUPS_ADMIN_USERS="user1,user2"
GROUPS_ADMIN_USERS="joebloggs, @Munki_Report_Admins"

# Set to TRUE to enable Business Units
#ENABLE_BUSINESS_UNITS=FALSE
ENABLE_BUSINESS_UNITS=TRUE

Aaargh!

Thanks in advance for all your help

A.E. van Bochoven

Jan 15, 2019, 10:22:38 AM1/15/19
to 'A.E. van Bochoven' via munkireport
Hey Martin,

I think you’re almost there:

Don’t set the `AUTHORIZATION_GLOBAL` variable, remove it from .env or comment it out. Hardly anyone needs to set that and we should probably remove it from the .env.example file.
This should get your setup working.

Other things to consider:

If you get your group info from AD, you don’t need to set `GROUPS_ADMIN_USERS`, that’s only for local groups.
Only if you intend to use business units, set ENABLE_BUSINESS_UNITS=TRUE otherwise leave it off

ROLES_ADMIN="joebloggs, @Munki_Report_Admins” # Tells munkireport that joebloggs and anyone in the Munki_Report_Admins group needs to get the admin role.
That rule is in effect so things should be ok if you remove the AUTHORIZATION_GLOBAL variable.

-Arjen

Martin West

Jan 15, 2019, 10:34:26 AM1/15/19
to munkireport
Thank you ever so much.
The documentation is very good , but my understanding is maybe a little sketchy :)

That worked wonderfully

Nicolas Daigneault

Apr 12, 2021, 2:34:19 PM4/12/21
to munkireport
I had the same problem, I commented the authorization_global and it work.

Thanks