Upgrading from 5.6.5 to 5.7.1

bryan...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2022, 11:26:32 AM3/21/22
to munkireport
It's not clear to me from the documentation how to upgrade from 5.6.5 to 5.7.1

My server is a Mac mini running macOS 10.15.7

Some specific questions:

- In the section titled "Backup Your Settings" it says "Make a copy of config.php, .env and composer.local.json and store them in a safe place."

I don't see a config.php file - is that the same as config.yml

Likewise, I don't have composer.local.json. I have composer.json

Are there any other files besides these and the app/db/db.sqlite file that I need to preserve when switching to 5.7.1?

- I am not using GIT, so I need to manually copy in files, settings. But does this comment from the Git section also apply to me if I am not using git to update?

"Starting with version 3, after an upgrade, the dependencies must be updated by running the following command:
composer update --no-dev"

- MR 5.7.1 seems to now require php 7.4 asI get this error:

Fatal error: Composer detected issues in your platform: Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version ">= 7.4.0". You are running 7.3.29. in /usr/local/munkireport_571/vendor/composer/platform_check.php on line 24

I am not sure the proper way to install php 7.4 on this Mac. I did some googling and found some home-brew instructions and now I get

fs@701A-MS-MUN-002 ~ % php -v

PHP 7.4.28 (cli) (built: Mar  1 2022 01:37:04) ( NTS )

Copyright (c) The PHP Group

Zend Engine v3.4.0, Copyright (c) Zend Technologies

    with Zend OPcache v7.4.28, Copyright (c), by Zend Technologies

But how do I tell MR 5.7.1 to use this version of php?

Thanks

Bryan