Troubleshooting HTTP 500 Internal Server Error

Patrick Yolian

Jun 3, 2022, 6:55:41 PM6/3/22
to munkireport
Hello!

We just upgraded from MunkiReport 4.x to 5.7.1, running on an IIS server.  Our clients are able to check-in but they are not sending any other device information up to the portal.

When looking through the client logs we see the HTTP500. In an effort to troubleshoot we've set DEBUG=TRUE in the .env file but we are not seeing any additional information anywhere.  We've looked at the logs for IIS, php, and munkireport client but haven't gotten any closer to a solution.

Any thoughts on why debug in the .env file isn't working?

Any advice is much appreciated

Xavier Xavier

Jun 3, 2022, 8:40:33 PM6/3/22
to munki...@googlegroups.com
Patrick,

Did you install the required MunkiReport python package? It was mentioned along with the 5.7.0 release

Mat X

Patrick Yolian

Jun 6, 2022, 1:15:24 PM6/6/22
to munkireport
Hello!

Yes, we did install that package but that didn't resolve it for us.

The issue ended up being the 'timemachine' module.  We removed that module from the .env file and devices started to report correct info.  We looked at the MySQL logs and saw that as the server was attempting to process the timemachine query it would stop.  Attached is a snippet of the log.

munki timemachine error.png