Decrease the update schedule of all the Munkireport infos

goog...@maisonmoderne.com

Jul 17, 2017, 10:41:24 AM7/17/17
to munkireport-dev
Hi,

I already tried to search for an topic with the same question or problem but can't find it.

I'm using MunkiReport v.5.5.38 and Munki which managed the apps. But we are using a lot the Remote control via Munkireport but sometimes the machines are disconnected from the cables because the client switch to wifi for example and the machine got a new IP Address. And after that, if i want to remote the machine for some reason, munkireport still have the old ip address and when i remote the machine, i remote another matchine with this IP Address. And that's annoying to remote other peoples who doesn't imagine to be remoted.
And i think the problem is the "check/update", from Munkireport on the server to check if each machine still got the same infos than before, is to long.

Is there a way to configure the schedule of the "check" on munkireport or something? Or is there another way?

Thanks,
Kevin Simoes

goog...@maisonmoderne.com

Jul 17, 2017, 10:44:59 AM7/17/17
to munkireport-dev
Correction: version 2.13.2.2714

Mike Solin

Jul 17, 2017, 2:37:56 PM7/17/17
to munkire...@googlegroups.com
MunkiReport runs when Munki runs, so the IP address is only as current as the last time the computer checked in with your Munki/MunkiReport servers.  I don’t think there’s a recommended method of running MunkiReport outside of a normal Munki run, unless you’re doing `sudo preflight` and `sudo postflight` manually.

We see the same issue in our environment.  My workaround is to see if ARD is aware of a newer IP address for a machine - I generally scan the subnet the computer last used to see if I can locate it again.