[munki-discuss] MunkiWebAdmin2 new features

Gregory Neagle

Feb 1, 2016, 1:33:24 PM2/1/16
to munki-w...@googlegroups.com, munk...@googlegroups.com, munki-discuss
Some significant feature additions this weekend:

Mass-deletion of pkginfo items, and mass-editing of pkginfo catalogs.

You use checkboxes in the pkginfo list to select the pkginfo items you are interested in, then click a gear menu:

Mass deletion:

Here’s the current interface for editing the catalogs — you specify catalogs to add and catalogs to remove from the selected pkgsinfo (it’s OK if you add a catalog and it already exists in a certain pkginfo file —  it will not be duplicated, and it’s OK if you tell it to remove a catalog that doesn’t exist in a specific pkginfo file)

I’m considering the use of http://harvesthq.github.io/chosen/#multiple-select to make those multiple-select fields easier to use and more visually appealing.

Since these new features can make mass changes, please do not test on your production Munki repo.

I’ve also overhauled the logging; if you upgrade an existing install you will find all console logging messages will stop. To get them going again, copy the LOGGING dictionary from settings_template.py to your active settings file.

-Greg

Gregory Neagle

Feb 1, 2016, 5:56:53 PM2/1/16
to munki-w...@googlegroups.com, munki-discuss, munk...@googlegroups.com

On Feb 1, 2016, at 10:33 AM, Gregory Neagle <gregn...@mac.com> wrote:

I’m considering the use of http://harvesthq.github.io/chosen/#multiple-select to make those multiple-select fields easier to use and more visually appealing.

Which results in:

Vaughn Miller

Feb 1, 2016, 6:01:44 PM2/1/16
to munki-...@googlegroups.com, munki-w...@googlegroups.com, munk...@googlegroups.com
I like the looks of that!

Graham

Feb 1, 2016, 11:46:30 PM2/1/16
to munk...@googlegroups.com, munki-...@googlegroups.com, munki-w...@googlegroups.com
Nice to see some of the Munki-Do features being added to MWA2 in a well-designed interface - I think the bulk features will be popular.

I like the look of the second add/remove interface more than the first, but does that mean you have to type in the name of a catalog to add it to either field?

Does removing pkginfo files also remove packages? There's a feature in Munki-Do where you can remove "orphaned" packages, i.e. packages that are no longer associated with pkginfo files.

Cheers
Graham

--
Find related discussion groups here:
https://github.com/munki/munki/wiki/Discussion-Group

Gregory Neagle

Feb 2, 2016, 12:21:25 AM2/2/16
to munki-...@googlegroups.com, munk...@googlegroups.com, munki-w...@googlegroups.com
On Feb 1, 2016, at 8:46 PM, Graham <g.r....@gmail.com> wrote:

Nice to see some of the Munki-Do features being added to MWA2 in a well-designed interface - I think the bulk features will be popular.

I like the look of the second add/remove interface more than the first, but does that mean you have to type in the name of a catalog to add it to either field?

Does removing pkginfo files also remove packages?

It can...

There's a feature in Munki-Do where you can remove "orphaned" packages, i.e. packages that are no longer associated with pkginfo files.

No feature like that in MWA2 yet.

Next bit I think I’ll work on might be an advanced search for manifests, replacing some of the functionality lost from MWA(1).

<PastedGraphic-14.png>

Graham

Feb 2, 2016, 10:21:24 AM2/2/16
to munk...@googlegroups.com, munki-...@googlegroups.com, munki-w...@googlegroups.com
The demo for multiple-select is excellent. I'd definitely vote for including it.
The checkbox for pkg removal - also excellent. Probably negates the need for an "orphaned" packages removal method.

I'd like to ask for better git support (the ability to commit and push, and git branching), and the ability to restrict access to edit certain manifests based on logged in user. I should be able to fork and PR these features though, if there's interest for them.

Cheers,
Graham
PastedGraphic-13.png