munkiwebadmin catalog error

Alexis Skeates

Nov 5, 2015, 12:14:00 PM11/5/15
to MunkiWebAdmin
I've setup munki and munkiwebadmin on an ubuntu 14.04 LTS server. All is working fine except when I login to munkiwebadmin it all looks to be working ok and all the menus work except when I click on the catalogs link.

When I click on this I get an error page and can't quite work out what the issue is. I've tried this with munki/munkiwebadmin & SteveKueng/munkiwebadmin the error out put is below:

TypeError at /catalog/

'NoneType' object is not iterable
Request Method:GET
Request URL:http://sus.fourthfloor.net:8000/catalog/
Django Version:1.7.10
Exception Type:TypeError
Exception Value:
'NoneType' object is not iterable
Exception Location:/usr/local/munkiwebadmin_env/munkiwebadmin/catalogs/views.py in catalog_view, line 100
Python Executable:/usr/local/munkiwebadmin_env/bin/python
Python Version:2.7.6
Python Path:
['/usr/local/munkiwebadmin_env/munkiwebadmin',
 '/usr/local/munkiwebadmin_env/lib/python2.7',
 '/usr/local/munkiwebadmin_env/lib/python2.7/plat-x86_64-linux-gnu',
 '/usr/local/munkiwebadmin_env/lib/python2.7/lib-tk',
 '/usr/local/munkiwebadmin_env/lib/python2.7/lib-old',
 '/usr/local/munkiwebadmin_env/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload',
 '/usr/lib/python2.7',
 '/usr/lib/python2.7/plat-x86_64-linux-gnu',
 '/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-tk',
 '/usr/local/munkiwebadmin_env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages',
 '/usr/local/munkiwebadmin_env/lib/python2.7/site-packages']

The trace back is below:

Environment:

Request Method: GET

Django Version: 1.7.10
Python Version: 2.7.6
Installed Applications:
('django.contrib.auth',
 'django.contrib.contenttypes',
 'django.contrib.sessions',
 'django.contrib.sites',
 'django.contrib.messages',
 'django.contrib.staticfiles',
 'django.contrib.admin',
 'django_wsgiserver',
 'guardian',
 'tokenapi',
 'reports',
 'catalogs',
 'manifests',
 'inventory',
 'licenses')
Installed Middleware:
('django.middleware.common.CommonMiddleware',
 'django.contrib.sessions.middleware.SessionMiddleware',
 'django.middleware.csrf.CsrfViewMiddleware',
 'django.contrib.auth.middleware.AuthenticationMiddleware',
 'django.contrib.messages.middleware.MessageMiddleware')

Traceback:
File "/usr/local/munkiwebadmin_env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in get_response
  111.                     response = wrapped_callback(request, *callback_args, **callback_kwargs)
File "/usr/local/munkiwebadmin_env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view
  21.                 return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/munkiwebadmin_env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view
  21.                 return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/munkiwebadmin_env/munkiwebadmin/catalogs/views.py" in catalog_view
  100.     for item in catalog:

Exception Type: TypeError at /catalog/
Exception Value: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

Any help would be appreciated.

Vaughn Miller

Nov 5, 2015, 12:23:19 PM11/5/15
to munki-w...@googlegroups.com
Do you have any catalogs? I think I recall this error if no catalogs exist (which can be the case when first setting things up).

Vaughn Miller
Desktop Engineer
Lafayette College

Gregory Neagle

Nov 5, 2015, 12:25:53 PM11/5/15
to munki-w...@googlegroups.com
Are the catalogs readable by whatever user the munkiwebadmin process is running as?

  100.     for item in catalog:

Exception Type: TypeError at /catalog/
Exception Value: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

Would indicate that instead of getting a catalog, it got the None object instead. MWA isn’t handling this condition well, but even if it was, you’d just be seeing a more nicely-formatted error.

-Greg

Alexis Skeates

Nov 7, 2015, 4:32:35 AM11/7/15
to MunkiWebAdmin
Yip seemed to be that the error was being thrown up because there was no catalog file as you suggested. I now remember having this issue a while back when I setup munki the first time round.

I'm getting some other wired results, but I'll start another post for that. Also the Ubuntu instructions are are out of date and there are a number of twaeks that need to be made. Perhaps something for another post, but what would be best way to go about getting those updated.