Managed Software Update not taking updates

Roberto Castillo

Feb 21, 2024, 1:02:00 PMFeb 21
to munki-discuss
Hello I work at a school and the students all have manage software center, but when I try to push an update from the MunkiAdmin on the deployment device we have it on, I am not seeing anything happen. I am still new at this and looking at the Munki page on Github is not really giving me much insight. If anyone is available I would love some help.

Alan

Feb 21, 2024, 2:23:45 PMFeb 21
to munki-...@googlegroups.com
If you haven't already, I'd recommend doing the Demonstration Setup, just so you can acquaint yourself with some of the basics of Munki:

For general troubleshooting, I'd recommend adding verbose flags to your output to see what's going on. If you need additional help understanding what's going on, posting back the output here (via copy and paste) is better than summarizing what's happening.

when I try to push an update from the MunkiAdmin on the deployment device we have it on, I am not seeing anything happen

I will say if you're pushing an update, and it's a managed install that's an unattended install, it's very likely you won't see anything happen. Munki will try to install that item in the background without bothering the user.