Is it posible to assimilate information via cli?

apa

Aug 3, 2022, 3:40:57 PM8/3/22
to munki-discuss

I have found that when adding new versions of software, the use of the Assimilate feature is invaluable when creating a new test version of a software package, to copy all
the existing info over and into the newer version.

I would now like to do this via the command line (if possible) to save having to complete this as a manual task. I would like certain packages to run on a schedule, to download and auto publish to the development catalog/manifest without manual intervention, copying the details and publishing the development catalog.

I looked through the Munki tools but nothing seemed to jump out at me to replicate the assimilate feature.

I would like to learn if it is possible to achieve this kind of workflow?

Many thanks for your consideration.

Greg Neagle

Aug 3, 2022, 3:47:49 PM8/3/22
to 'Gregory Neagle' via munki-discuss

On Aug 3, 2022, at 6:27 AM, apa <aauck...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have found that when adding new versions of software, the use of the Assimilate feature is invaluable when creating a new test version of a software package, to copy all
the existing info over and into the newer version.

Pretty sure you’ve described a feature of MunkiAdmin, a GUI tool that is a “third-party product”.

I would now like to do this via the command line (if possible) to save having to complete this as a manual task. I would like certain packages to run on a schedule, to download and auto publish to the development catalog/manifest without manual intervention, copying the details and publishing the development catalog.

You’ve just described what AutoPkg was built to do.