Multiple repos support

Vlad Art

Apr 28, 2022, 9:25:57 PM4/28/22
to munki-discuss
Hi,

I wonder if it is possible to make Munki to work with multiple repositories? I have some software which should be distributed only to authorized clients and hoped to have a separate repo with authentication for it.

Is PackageURL the only workaround I could use currently?

Cheers,

Greg Neagle

Apr 28, 2022, 9:42:46 PM4/28/22
to 'Gregory Neagle' via munki-discuss

> On Apr 28, 2022, at 6:20 PM, Vlad Art <peres...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I wonder if it is possible to make Munki to work with multiple repositories?

Any one client will only talk to one repo in a given run of managedsoftwareupdate. You could use a Munki preflight script to dynamically switch the repo...

> I have some software which should be distributed only to authorized clients

So only put that software in the manifests of the authorized clients...

> and hoped to have a separate repo with authentication for it.
>
> Is PackageURL the only workaround I could use currently?

Neither setting an alternate PackageURL or PackageCompleteURL will work well if the alternate location uses different authentication than the “main” repo.

A clever Munki preflight could switch repos and add/remove authentication headers from the requests.