Munki Conditions

Martin West

Jul 15, 2022, 6:57:55 AM7/15/22
to munki-discuss
Has anyone had any experience with Conditions?
I have a piece of software that needs "Managed Install" properties

When i reload MSC - it repeatedly tells me to install it. even though its installed.

I was looking at Conditions to stop this behaviour.

something along the lines of
$(defaults read /Applications/SOFTWARE/Contents/Info.plist ProprtyString) != "1234567"

is this the right way to do this?

I am quite lost here

John W Altonen

Jul 15, 2022, 7:13:26 AM7/15/22
to munki-...@googlegroups.com
I think I'd be inclined to use an installcheck_script rather than a condition.

But maybe you should be generating an installs section for your pkginfo file

There's probably better/newer documentation on this stuff but this below is the first thing that came up.

Martin West

Jul 15, 2022, 7:58:18 AM7/15/22
to munki-discuss
Thanks so much

My Colleague made and install check script - but I am not sure it is working as we expected

I will revisit it

Again Thanks for the advice

Nick McSpadden

Jul 15, 2022, 12:23:42 PM7/15/22
to munki-...@googlegroups.com
Take a look at:
https://github.com/munki/munki/wiki/How-Munki-Decides-What-Needs-To-Be-Installed
and

In most cases, there's something you can do in the pkginfo to fix this. Writing an installcheck_script is usually a last resort and is typically not necessary for most macOS native software.

Nick McSpadden
nmcsp...@gmail.com