Dreaded "No pkginfo found in catalogs" error

flp.go...@gmail.com

May 25, 2022, 4:05:29 PM5/25/22
to munki-discuss
I've had my setup running for a number of years without any issues, but when I installed Munki client on a newly wiped system, I started to receive an installer error for my printer queue installer.  The HP driver packages weren't being downloaded and installed due to "No pkginfo found in catalogs".

I had not made any changes to the catalogs or the installers queued up.  The only difference that I can think of is that I downloaded/installed Munki 5.6.4.4406 on a 10.14.6 system and my other systems are running an older release.

I tried adding a prereq for the HP drivers to the printer queue package, but that just moved the queue package to the Problem Updates section in MSC.

I imported a newer version of the HP driver, but it also is being flagged with the same "No pkginfo found in catalogs" error.  The new HP package was not flagged as an update for the existing HP packages, but as a completely new install.

The new HP package is named "hp-printer-essentials-UniPS-6_0_0_6_m608_m4xx-19.36.01.210729.pkg" in the repo and the pkginfo file is "hp-printer-essentials-UniPS-6_0_0_6_m608_m4xx-19.36.01.210729.plist".

What additional info might you need to assist me in understanding what I might have broken?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Jon

Alan

May 25, 2022, 4:10:13 PM5/25/22
to munki-...@googlegroups.com
I think some -vvv output might help you figure out what's going on:

Typically, Munki's verbose mode will tell you why the pkginfo can't be found (for example, is it looking for it in a particular catalog? or maybe the item has a minimum_os_version that isn't satisfied).