using https (secure connection) for Munki

Mario Felix

May 28, 2024, 4:34:14 PMMay 28
to munki-discuss
Hi,
what are the steps on a Ventura machine to switch munki from http to https (secure connection)?

Mario

Gregory Neagle

May 28, 2024, 4:37:05 PMMay 28
to 'Gregory Neagle' via munki-discuss
Change the client’s SoftwareRepoURL preference from an http:// URL to an https:// URL.

-Greg

Mario Felix

May 28, 2024, 5:02:27 PMMay 28
to munki-discuss
How would I switch the munki server running on Ventura over to https (e.g. apache settings and so on?

Gregory Neagle

May 28, 2024, 7:46:52 PMMay 28
to 'Gregory Neagle' via munki-discuss
I’d look for documentation on serving https with Apache. There’s nothing Munki- or Ventura-specific about the task.

Perhaps others on this list can point you to more specific resources.

-Greg

Gregory Neagle

May 28, 2024, 7:52:40 PMMay 28
to 'Gregory Neagle' via munki-discuss
(One reason Munki uses a standard web server as its server is so i don’t have to document and support the setup and configuration of a Munki server — you are expected to use an existing web server, or set up and support at web server using the resources available for that web server software: Apache, Nginx, IIS, Caddy, or even “cloud-based/serverless” web servers)