Adobe Creative Cloud...what am I missing?

Funky G

Oct 28, 2021, 2:03:32 PM10/28/21
to munki-discuss
I've successfully packaged a load of applications with Munkiadmin and Munki without issue however I'm hitting a wall with Adobe creative cloud apps.

Regardless of the import method used I'm getting messages in both MunkiAdmin and Munki saying bundle pkgs are not supported.

I've tried moving the pkgs downloaded from adobe enterprise manager and putting them in a dmg, but that gets me nowhere as well.

Having used the following from the documentation too, I'm getting the same issue?

munkiimport /path/to/Build/AdobeCCProduct_Install.pkg --uninstallpkg /path/to/Build/AdobeCCProduct_Uninstall.pkg

...this will return.....

Usage: munkiimport [options] /path/to/installer_item

       Imports an installer item into a munki repo.

       Installer item can be a pkg, mpkg, dmg, mobileconfig, or app.

       Bundle-style pkgs and apps are wrapped in a dmg file before upload.

       Example:

       munkiimport --subdirectory apps /path/to/installer_item

Am I missing something fundamental? This is the same whether I download a package of just AdobeCC or Photoshop separately. I'm hoping i'm being daft and its something really simple!

Gregory Neagle

Oct 28, 2021, 2:05:50 PM10/28/21
to 'Gregory Neagle' via munki-discuss
munkiimport /path/to/Build/AdobeCCProduct_Install.pkg --uninstallpkg /path/to/Build/AdobeCCProduct_Uninstall.pkg works for me and many others, assuming both files exist…

-Greg

David Nelson

Oct 28, 2021, 2:15:05 PM10/28/21
to munki-...@googlegroups.com
One thought is to make sure the paths are properly escaped or enclosed in quotes. I like to just drag the icon onto the terminal window to accomplish this.

On Oct 28, 2021, at 11:05, 'Gregory Neagle' via munki-discuss <munki-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

munkiimport /path/to/Build/AdobeCCProduct_Install.pkg --uninstallpkg /path/to/Build/AdobeCCProduct_Uninstall.pkg works for me and many others, assuming both files exist…

Oliver Hetzner

Oct 29, 2021, 3:24:09 AM10/29/21
to munki-discuss
you will have to make the Adobe Pkgs within the Adobe Admin Console, and you'll have to make separate packages for each application. It is a mess, but it works.

Funky G

Oct 29, 2021, 3:54:05 AM10/29/21
to munki-discuss
So the docs over at https://github.com/munki/munki/wiki/Munki%20And%20Adobe%20CC will need tweaking i think.

Again with the latest packages I've downloaded from Adobe using munkiimport /path/to/Build/AdobeCCProduct_Install.pkg --uninstallpkg /path/to/Build/AdobeCCProduct_Uninstall.pkg doesn't work.

However, using the -subdirectory switch on the build folders does so munkiimport --subdirectory apps /path/to/Build/

Oliver Hetzner

Oct 29, 2021, 5:09:05 AM10/29/21
to munki-discuss
just tied it on an Mac with macOS 10.14 and a brand new package from Adobe.
Worked like always:

sh-3.2# munkiimport /Volumes/xxxxx/Adobe-CC-22-BR/Build/Adobe-CC-22-BR_Install.pkg --uninstallpkg /Volumes/xxxxx/Adobe-CC-22-BR/Build/Adobe-CC-22-BR_Uninstall.pkg

Making disk image containing Adobe-CC-22-BR_Install.pkg...

created: /tmp/munki-8f7t5z8d/Adobe-CC-22-BR_Install.dmg

Disk image created at: /tmp/munki-8f7t5z8d/Adobe-CC-22-BR_Install.dmg

Making disk image containing Adobe-CC-22-BR_Uninstall.pkg...

created: /tmp/munki-8f7t5z8d/Adobe-CC-22-BR_Uninstall.dmg

Disk image created at: /tmp/munki-8f7t5z8d/Adobe-CC-22-BR_Uninstall.dmg

           Item name: Adobe-CC-22-BR

        Display name: Bridge

             Version: 12.0.0.234

            Category:

           Developer: Adobe

  Unattended install: False

Unattended uninstall: False

            Catalogs: macOS12-testing

Import this item? [y/N] y

Upload item to subdirectory path []:

No existing product icon found.

Attempt to create a product icon? [y/N] n

Copying Adobe-CC-22-BR_Install.dmg to repo...

Copied Adobe-CC-22-BR_Install.dmg to pkgs/Adobe-CC-22-BR_Install-12.0.0.234.dmg.

Copying Adobe-CC-22-BR_Uninstall.dmg to repo...

Copied Adobe-CC-22-BR_Uninstall.dmg to pkgs/Adobe-CC-22-BR_Uninstall-12.0.0.234.dmg.

Edit pkginfo before upload? [y/N]: n

Saved pkginfo to pkgsinfo/Adobe-CC-22-BR-12.0.0.234.

Rebuild catalogs? [y/N] n

Vaughn Miller

Oct 29, 2021, 8:41:20 AM10/29/21
to munki-...@googlegroups.com
I imported multiple new Adobe packages this week using munkiimport /path/to/Build/AdobeCCProduct_Install.pkg --uninstallpkg /path/to/Build/AdobeCCProduct_Uninstall.pkg

Worked fine for me.

timm...@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2021, 6:38:16 PM11/3/21
to munki-discuss
I have imported both M1 and Intel packages  using /path/to/Build/AdobeCCProduct_Install.pkg --uninstallpkg /path/to/Build/AdobeCCProduct_Uninstall.pkg.

Not a single issue with the import. I have found you need to have 1 product per package for example photoshop has photoshop + creative cloud.