Munki 6.3 Beta 2 available

Greg Neagle

Mar 21, 2023, 2:00:55 PM3/21/23
to 'Gregory Neagle' via munki-discuss, munki-dev

Rob Renstrom

Mar 22, 2023, 2:33:36 PM3/22/23
to munki-dev
6.3 beta isn't working on a Mojave test client, the managedsoftwareupate (munkishim) binary is crashing

$ sudo managedsoftwareupdate
dyld: Symbol not found: _OBJC_CLASS_$_NSConstantArray
Referenced from: /usr/local/munki/managedsoftwareupdate (which was built for Mac OS X 11.0)
Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation
in /usr/local/munki/managedsoftwareupdate
Abort trap: 6

Works if managedsoftwareupate.py is called directly instead of through shim

$ sudo /usr/local/munki/munki-python /usr/local/munki/.managedsoftwareupdate.py

Rob Renstrom

Mar 22, 2023, 2:51:46 PM3/22/23
to munki-dev

Greg Neagle

Mar 22, 2023, 3:55:19 PM3/22/23
to munki-dev
While working on this issue I noticed that Xcode 14.2 running on macOS 13.2.1 only supports a minimum deployment target of macOS 10.13. It’s probably time to consider dropping support for macOS < 10.13…

-Greg

--
Find related discussion groups here:
https://github.com/munki/munki/wiki/Discussion-Group

MiqViq

Mar 22, 2023, 4:51:13 PM3/22/23
to munki-dev
I agree that support for macOS versions below 10.13 High Sierra can be dropped out.

-MiqViq