Munki localization help

Gregory Neagle

Oct 3, 2022, 6:30:13 PM10/3/22
to munki-dev, 'Gregory Neagle' via munki-discuss
Munki 6 (currently in beta) has some new user interface strings that need to be localized.

I am looking for help for the following languages:
Danish
Dutch
Finnish
German
Italian
Japanese
Russian

I’ve already had assistance with:
French
Norwegian (Bokmål)
Spanish
Swedish

(and thanks for that help!)

Any assistance for the remaining languages would be greatly appreciated.

/* macOS Install Pending text */
"macOS install pending" = "macOS install pending";

/* macOS Install Pending detail */
"A macOS install is pending. This install may take some time. Other pending items will be installed later.\n\nContinue with the install?" = "A macOS install is pending. This install may take some time. Other pending items will be installed later.\n\nContinue with the install?";

/* Not volume owner title */
"Cannot upgrade macOS" = "Cannot upgrade macOS";

/* Not volume owner detail */
"Your user account is not a owner of the current startup volume.\nYou cannot upgrade macOS at this time.\n\nContact your systems administrator." = "Your user account is not a owner of the current startup volume.\nYou cannot upgrade macOS at this time.\n\nContact your systems administrator.";

/* managedsoftwareupdate message */
"Launching macOS installer..." = "Launching macOS installer...";

/* managedsoftwareupdate message */
"Verifying macOS installer..." = "Verifying macOS installer…";

I’ve attached a zip archive containing a Localizable.strings file and some screenshots to show the display context for these strings.

Again, thanks for any assistance you can provide.

-Greg
Munki_6_localization.zip

Dennis Sweben

Oct 4, 2022, 2:01:04 AM10/4/22
to munki-dev

Find attached in Dutch.

Cheers!
-Dennis

Localizable.strings

MiqViq

Oct 4, 2022, 3:09:42 AM10/4/22
to munk...@googlegroups.com, 'Gregory Neagle' via munki-discuss
Attached are localized stringies in Finnish.

And many thanks Greg!

-MiqViq

Finnish-Localizable.strings

Henning Kessler

Oct 4, 2022, 6:30:42 AM10/4/22
to munki-dev
German version
Localizable.strings

Mikhael Jabroux

Oct 4, 2022, 11:15:12 AM10/4/22
to munk...@googlegroups.com
+ 1
Thanks for all you do Greg!
Let me know if you event need some more help in French.
I want to give back to the community a bit if I can ;-)

Mikha

--
Find related discussion groups here:
https://github.com/munki/munki/wiki/Discussion-Group

Gregory Neagle

Oct 4, 2022, 11:37:56 AM10/4/22
to munki-dev
Danke!

-Greg

--
Find related discussion groups here:
https://github.com/munki/munki/wiki/Discussion-Group
---
<Localizable.strings>

Gregory Neagle

Oct 4, 2022, 11:38:55 AM10/4/22
to munki-dev
Bedankt!

-Greg

--
Find related discussion groups here:
https://github.com/munki/munki/wiki/Discussion-Group
---
<Localizable.strings>

Gregory Neagle

Oct 4, 2022, 11:41:30 AM10/4/22
to munki-dev, 'Gregory Neagle' via munki-discuss
Wow that was fast! Only missing Russian (and Daniel Moore might have that before long), and Danish!

-Greg

--
Find related discussion groups here:
https://github.com/munki/munki/wiki/Discussion-Group
---
<Munki_6_localization.zip>

--
Find related discussion groups here:
https://github.com/munki/munki/wiki/Discussion-Group
---

Daniel Moore

Oct 5, 2022, 9:48:29 AM10/5/22
to munki-dev
Here's the Russian translation courtesy of Daria Mayorova. The person who provided the Japanese translation said "no credit required."

Russian-Localizable.strings