Chrome via Munki ?

Anuj Goyal

Apr 13, 2022, 5:16:09 PM4/13/22
to munki-dev
Hi there!

I am a Product Manager for Chrome Browser Enterprise.
https://chromeenterprise.google/browser/download/#mac-tab

My colleagues and I were wondering if there are stats of how many admins
1) deploy Chrome via Munki?
2) deploy using the PKG file?

Thanks!
-Anuj

Greg Neagle

Apr 13, 2022, 5:21:17 PM4/13/22
to munki-dev
There are certainly no stats I would have access to. You’d have to contact every Munki admin in the world and ask them.

I don’t even have stats on how many Munki deployments are out there — literally anyone can download the software and setup their own Munki implementation without needing to notify me (or anyone else).

Additionally, I’m sure there are organizations that would not want to share information like that. I know Google itself used Munki until fairly recently, and there are other Very Big Companies that use it but may not want others to know their scale.

And remember that Munki is the software deployment “engine” inside several commercial management products, like VMware Workspace ONE, SimpleMDM, MobileIron, and more.

Sorry we cannot be of more help!

-Greg