Munki 5.7.0, Python, and PyObjC

Greg Neagle

Apr 6, 2022, 1:42:03 PM4/6/22
to munki-dev
The Munki5_dev branch on GitHub contains two important changes for a future Munki 5.7(?) release: it bumps the Python version to 3.10.4 and PyObjC to 8.2.

Preliminary testing uncovered no issues with these changes, but if you are willing and able to test this, earlier would be better than later.

-Greg

Greg Neagle

Apr 11, 2022, 7:41:19 PM4/11/22
to munki-dev
Since building the package is a chore, here’s a prebuilt package: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ldxxr20nxdhnqr1/munkitools-5.7.0.4407.pkg?dl=1

-Greg

Allister Banks

Apr 12, 2022, 2:07:39 AM4/12/22
to munk...@googlegroups.com
Thank you as always, starting this in our testing tracks. Should I keep an eye out for any weirdness with Rosetta or the version of pyobjc between operating systems? I would assume 8.x is fine on Big Sur, but I’ll confirm on intel/m1.
Allister

--
Find related discussion groups here:
https://github.com/munki/munki/wiki/Discussion-Group