problem with localhost

mika fletcher

Apr 6, 2022, 8:56:41 AM4/6/22
to munki-dev
Hello, I'm running my Munki repo on a Mac Mini with Big Sur 11.6.5.
Munki is in version 5.6.3
I'v followed this :

my apache works (I get "It Works" when I go to http://localhost:8080)

but when I go to http://localhost:8080/munki_repo I get :
"Not Found
The requested URL was not found on this server."

I did do this :
sudo ln -s /Users/Shared/munki_repo /Library/WebServer/Documents/

but it doesn't work... can someone help ?

thanks

Gregory Neagle

Apr 6, 2022, 10:45:32 AM4/6/22
to munk...@googlegroups.com
Since the demonstration setup never tells you to visit/retrieve that URL, I’d suggest just continuing on with the demonstration setup steps.

There’s no index.hmtl in that directory by default, and directory listings are off by default (as they should be), so I would not expect any useful result from that URL.

Sent from my iPhone

--
Find related discussion groups here:
https://github.com/munki/munki/wiki/Discussion-Group

Greg Neagle

Apr 6, 2022, 11:22:23 AM4/6/22
to munki-dev
I’d also point out that the Demonstration Setup does _not_ have you configure Apache to serve on port 8080 (the Demonstration Setup uses the default port 80), so you are definitely taking at least one detour from the documentation.

-Greg