Munki 5.3 Released

Gregory Neagle

Mar 30, 2021, 12:03:17 PM3/30/21
to 'Gregory Neagle' via munki-discuss, munki-dev

sondjata

Apr 5, 2021, 9:54:42 AM4/5/21
to munki-dev
Looks like Apple update check is broken. I recently updated my Reposado repo and noticed it didn't show up on my test machine. Confirmed on a second machine that I had not updated to 5.3.0.

Looking at the logs it is missing the "t" in "content" as in:

 http://[pathtorepo]/html/conten

where it should be:

http://[pathtorepo]/html/content

Gregory Neagle

Apr 5, 2021, 10:05:08 AM4/5/21
to munk...@googlegroups.com
I’m not understanding the issue you are attempting to report.

Sent from my iPhone

--
Find related discussion groups here:
https://github.com/munki/munki/wiki/Discussion-Group

sondjata

Apr 5, 2021, 11:51:28 AM4/5/21
to munki-dev
It seems that when using the latest 5.3 version of munkitools (4289), the checks for Apple updates (particularly the recent XProtect update 2143 and MRTConfigData 1.76) aren't being seen.
However, on machines that I have not updated the client (still on 4287), I do see the Updates). So I'm thinking something changed in the '89 build that is affecting Apple updates.

My previous comment about the log seems to be that the text is truncated in the MSC app log window but not in the terminal.

sondjata

Apr 5, 2021, 12:21:45 PM4/5/21
to munki-dev
Well now the updates showed up.