Purpose of the munki-dev mailing list

Greg Neagle

Jan 17, 2023, 10:59:00 AM1/17/23
to munki-dev
A reminder that this mailing list/Google Group is for the discussion of topics related to the _development_ of Munki: discussion of implementation choices around new proposed features; discussion of future direction; etc.

General questions, or discussion of day-to-day _operation_ of Munki, or requests for help in debugging a client run, and the like should take place in munki-discuss:

-Greg

Frank Seesink

Jan 17, 2023, 11:27:37 AM1/17/23
to munki-dev
Hey Greg,

That was likely addressed to me.  Apologies for that.  I came to this group from the link referenced on the GitHub repo here:  https://github.com/munki/munki/issues/new

which reads

"The code issues section is not a general help and troubleshooting forum.

https://github.com/munki/munki#get-help
https://github.com/munki/munki/wiki#where-to-go-for-more-info-and-help
https://github.com/munki/munki/wiki/Troubleshooting#still-stuck

Please use the code issues section for reporting reproducible issues with the code or to propose/request new features.
But before you do, consider bringing up the topic for discussion on the munki-dev list: http://groups.google.com/group/munki-dev"

Did not realize there were different Google groups.  Will repost there.

And to be clear, I'm not sure what I posted isn't a bug, as it does appear that managedsoftwareupdate is "forgetting" the settings from the .plist file over time.  But I am not at a point of being able to claim it is a 100% reproducible issue as it so far has manifested multiple times but on one system only, and it occurs after an indeterminate period of time.  I know it shows up within a few days, but not sure if it's happening soon after, a day later, etc.  Will test more as I can, but it's disconcerting that this is occurring at all.