Great Malnad Challenge 2012

Girish@ICycle

May 29, 2012, 1:19:39 AM5/29/12
to mumbai-bikers, man...@icycle.in, par...@icycle.in, gir...@icycle.in
Dear ICyclists !

Dates for the much awaited Great Malnad Challenge 2012 (3rd edition)
has been decided - Oct 27th to Nov 4th. As done in the past, we have
included Nov 1st in between so we have a public holiday to benefit
from, and with monsoons just about passed, this part of the year is
specifically chosen when the western ghats stands at it’s green best !

Some event highlights for those who missed the previous
versions :

+ Breath taking cumulative altitude gain of over 21,000 meters spread
across 9 days and 850+ kms - which is an indication, it’s not for the
faint hearted

+ The trail covers the highest and lowest points in the state
(Mullayanagiri peak and Kundapura beach)

+ Descend and ascend western ghats 2 times, cutting thru some of the
most scenic and remote roads in western ghats

+ Major killer accents/hill stations include - Bisle, Kemmangundi,
Mullayanagiri, Kudremuka, Kundadri and Kollur ghats

+ Other famous places of interest visited, to name a few – Kukke
Subramnya, Belur, Thirthahalli, Kundapura beach and Sharavathi back
waters

+ Zero national highways, entire 850+ kms stretch is on remote and
less travelled roads

+ Difficulty level : Difficult to Challenging – it’s not only about
miles you gather, rather more to do with remote and challenging
terrain

+ Monthly self-supported weekend practice rides btw. now and October
will be organized by ICYLE to ensure participants gear up for the
challenge

Check out photo albums of GMC2010 and GMC2011 to picturize what GMC
event has in store.

Registrations will open June 1st 2012 on GMC website – Come and be
part of what we categorize, by far the most challenging and
picturesque cycling trail in South India !