Use ShiftMagL command

Trisha Bhowmik

Jul 17, 2024, 11:23:20 AM (10 days ago) Jul 17
to mumax2
Hii, everyone.
I want to know what is the exact meaning of using shiftMagL command? How do I use it?

Thanks in advance.

Josh Lauzier

Jul 17, 2024, 8:09:26 PM (9 days ago) Jul 17
to mumax2
Hi,

It is used in conjunction with the Shift() command. The Shift() command moves the magnetization in a particular direction (say, 1 cell to the right). When you do so, you need to tell mumax what to put into the new empty cells created on the left edge. shiftMagL (as well as shiftmagR etc) does this. You can see an example of this on the example page here, under the spinning hard disk example: https://mumax.github.io/examples.html

In that example, they shift every cell of the magnetization to the left by 1 cell, which means there will be a new edge 1 cell thick on the right. They use "shiftMagR= vector(0,0,1)" to say that those cells on that edge should be set to a 0,0,1 magnetization. This is what would happen if you were actually moving on a uniformly magnetized hard disk.

Best,
Josh L.

Trisha Bhowmik

Jul 18, 2024, 3:26:32 AM (9 days ago) Jul 18
to mumax2
Thanks for your reply. Actually, I want to check movement of domain wall by sot torque. But whenever I set extcenterwall(2) and try to run the code, the following error is showing-  unclear which direction to shift, set shiftmagL, shift MagR.
But i can't solve the issue.
here i have attached the initial domain wall configuration and its movement from left to right.

initial domain wall..jpg
movement.jpg