Character sets

Juan José 'Peco' San Martín

Dec 4, 2013, 8:54:55 AM12/4/13
to multisoft...@googlegroups.com
Hello all.

How can I define the keyboard mapping to use?

I'm unable to use some "local" keys (keyboard) in my apps. Pressing them, nothing happens like if the conversion were empty or null.

FS_SET(??)

I'm using FlagShip 6 on Ubuntu in spanish.

Thank you for any help!

Paulo Henrique

Dec 4, 2013, 8:34:04 PM12/4/13
to multisoft...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I never needed it, but you may need to copy file FSkeymap.spa to FSkeymap.def (make a backup copy before).
It should be in/ usr/share /terminfo

Seek in fsman about "Input mapping" or FSkeymap.def they explain better.

I hope to have given you at least one way to solve.

Paulo Henrique

Juan José 'Peco' San Martín

Dec 5, 2013, 8:29:23 AM12/5/13
to multisoft...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply!

Yes, I did what you said yesterday. I read the manual and ended up copying the FSkeymap.spa to .def ... did not work :-(
I will check everything again in case I'm missing something.

Thanks again.

Pedro

Dec 5, 2013, 6:32:03 PM12/5/13
to multisoft...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peco, have you turned the keys you want on?
See CMD:SET KEY and ON KEY.
An example of what I do to give my users access to pop-up screens or the like is:-

*% The following allows lookup of stock items anywhere in SO/AR using F2 key.
    SET KEY -1 TO SHOW_ITEM
    SET KEY -11 TO SHOW_ITEM

Obviously SHOW_ITEM is the procedure that gets called and does whatever you want. I always turn on both the standard key (eg F2) and the Shift/CapsLock key (eg Shift F2 or F2 with Capslock on) so that users won't complain that the key only works some of the time.

Remember to turn the keys off when you don't want them used.
        SET KEY -1 TO
        SET KEY -11 TO

You will find the key mapping info in the APP: section of the Help manual.

I hope this helps you - it works in all versions of Flagship and CA-Clipper.

Juan José 'Peco' San Martín

Dec 6, 2013, 9:28:59 AM12/6/13
to multisoft...@googlegroups.com
Hi.
Thank you for reply.

Yes, I'm using SET KEY to F1 in order to show the Help of the application. It works pretty well.

These were my tests:

1) Copy FSkeymap.spa to FSKeymap.def
If I press a spanish character of my keyboard, then the application shows:  �

2) Launching the application using a helper like "newfscons"
If I press a spanish character of my keyboard, then the application shows: space in blank

:-/
Thank you.

Paul

Dec 6, 2013, 9:56:17 AM12/6/13
Hi Peco,

since you are using terminal i/o (I assume this from the applic start by newfscons), you may simply use the FSkeymap.spa (or copy it to your working directory), and assing it by

  if ! FS_SET("inmap", "FSkeymap.spa")
    alert("could not open mapping table FSkeymap.spa")
  endif

see details in the FlagShip manual. To check the key translation, set "export FSPRINTKEYRAW=1" in the terminal window and then execute there any test application with inkey(), e.g. the compiled keyboard.prg from FlagShip  .../examples folder. Your problem may also be caused by using UTF8 in your LANG environment.

Hope this helps you.
Paul

2013/12/6 Pedro <pe...@muchpark.com>
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/multisoft-flagship?hl=en.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "multisoft FlagShip" group.

Juan José 'Peco' San Martín

Dec 6, 2013, 10:28:38 AM12/6/13
to multisoft...@googlegroups.com
Thank for your reply and help.

Yes, I'm using FlagShip under Ubuntu 10.04 (LANG=es_ES.UTF-8)

Currently, my /usr/lib/terminfo is a link to /usr/local/FlagShip6/terminfo/FSkeymap.spa

Running the example keyboard.prg I see:

Input mapping file : /usr/lib/terminfo/FSkeymap.def
Input mapping entry:

So the mapping entry is missing?
If I press the spanish key 'ñ' I get two raw keys: 195 and 177 :-?

Thank you!

Hi Pedro,